Irish Visa

As an international student, you may or may not require an Irish study visa to live and work in Ireland. Of course, EU students do not require a visa to study and work.

Non-EU Students: some do and some do not require a study visa.

Non-EU Students should:

  • contact the Irish Embassy in their country to see if they require one
  • be aware of the difference between a \'C\' Study and a \'D\' Study visa
  • apply 3 months in advance of a course commencing
  • visit the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Ireland website at for further information.


Please Note:

  1. All non-EU students who register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) will have to study for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
  2. Non-EU students who do not require a study visa, in the full sense, will still need proof of enrolment at our school to be allowed to enter Ireland as a student.
  3. At any time, immigration officers may decide to refuse entry to Ireland even to students who have been granted a study visa.


ULearn is proudly associated with

  • acels.png    
  • qqi.png    
  • mei.png    
  • dublin-tourism.png    
  • failte.png